The Joan is committed to ensuring access for all people. We prefer to engage directly with our patrons with a disability to fully understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service.
Accessible seating and Companion Card bookings can be made online, in person or by phoning Box Office. Our Box office is equipped with a counter that allows us to appropriately serve our patrons in a wheelchair.
To provide excellent service, we prefer our patrons with a need of one of our wheelchair spaces to call our Box Office to book tickets.
For our patrons with a disability our theatres are equipped with:
• Space for wheelchairs with strong sight lines and easy access. The Concert Hall has two companion seats available per wheelchair space, and the Q Theatre has one companion seat available per wheelchair space.
• Hearing loop for patrons with impaired hearing in our Q Theatre (click here for a floor plan showing best seats for the hearing loop)
• Audio Described Performances (selected performances) for our visually impaired patrons.
• Accessible bathrooms are located on the ground floor and level two.
• Accessible parking (nearby Council car park and Westfield car park) and accessible pathways to venue.
• A lift to all levels of the building and flat, accessible pathways to seating.