Please note, no chairs or picnic blankets will be allowed into The Cat Empire. Accessibility is available at the top of the hill. This is a reserved section for wheelchairs and their parties. The performance will have conditions of entry adhering to the relevant NSW Government Public Health Orders and health advice. View the latest health advice here. Please note this is a Licensed Venue - under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
Q: What time should I arrive?
Gates open at 5pm
Q: Is photography allowed?
Yes, Sydney Festival encourages visitors to photograph or film their visit for personal use and share it with us using #sydneyfestival, #thecrescent and #crescentsummerseries
Q: What happens if it rains?
The event will operate rain or shine. This is an outdoor event, so we recommend being prepared and bringing warm and weatherproof clothing. In the unlikely event there is extreme weather or hazardous conditions that pose a safety risk, there may be restrictions on the program and what proceeds on the evening. We recommend keeping up to date via our Sydney Festival Facebook page and Twitter page.
Q: What items are not allowed to be brought in?
– Glass or cans.
– Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances.
– Flares, fireworks, explosives, smoke bombs or other flammable devices.
– Laser pointers.
– Knives, weapons or other items that could be used as weapons.
– Cameras and audio/visual recording devices (for commercial purposes) including tripods.
– Oversized banners and flags.
– Whistles, hooters and horns.
– Streamers, confetti or shredded paper.
– Scooters, roller skates, skateboards and bicycles.
– Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles.
– Animals (other than certified service animals).
– Large Bags.
– Food and drinks.
– Chairs, tables
– Marquees, tents and umbrellas.
– Any other item that could cause harm or public nuisance or that could interfere with the event.
– Offensive clothing.
– Promotional Materials.
Q: What items can I bring with me?
Small bags, sealed bottle water
Q: What seating is provided?
There is no fixed seating.
Q: Can I buy food onsite?
There will be food trucks at the event with a range of food and beverages for sale.
Q: Can I bring food and drinks with me?
No, The Cat Empire is a licenced event. There will be Food trucks and bars selling food and drink. You can bring a sealed bottle of water.
Q: Is there free drinking water?
Yes, water fountains are available at the event. Please look for water banners around the site.
Q: Are there toilets?
Yes, toilets (including accessible toilets) are located near Gates 1, 2 and 4 of the The Crescent. Look out for signage, or see one of our helpful Sydney Festival volunteers in lavender t-shirts and staff in yellow t-shirts for directions.
Q: Is there first aid?
Yes, there will be two first aid tents either side of the stage. Should you require immediate assistance, please see Sydney Festival staff or security.
Q: Can I bring my pets?
Q: Is there parking at or near The Crescent?
For parking near The Crescent at Parramatta Park, you can use this interactive map made by local council to find the nearest options.